Why You Need a Mesothelioma Lawyer
Because of the numerous sources of asbestos in the history of our country, and because asbestos manufacturers have become skilled at defending claims against them during the past 30 years, prevailing on a mesothelioma case against a large corporation, employer, building owner, or a family member’s former employer can be difficult. The sooner you get an attorney experienced in representing victims of asbestos-exposure working on your side, the better your chances for establishing a case and proving your damages.
1.) A mesothelioma lawyer knows what evidence to gather:
Establishing a mesothelioma claim often requires identifying which manufacturer or employer was responsible for your exposure. This may be difficult if you were exposed to multiple forms of asbestos from various sources or if you never worked directly with the product but were exposed because of a family member or your proximity to a building which had it. Often, lawyers representing clients with mesothelioma need to investigate and find out:
- How much asbestos you were exposed to and for how long
- The precise chemical makeup of the asbestos you were exposed to, as each different fiber can affect the lungs differently
- Your individual risks, such as smoking or other existing lung illnesses
- What types of asbestos you were not exposed to
- How you became exposed if you were not working directly with the substance
We have the experience and resources to investigate your claim and start to build a case for you. Contact us today – there is no charge or obligation for any case evaluation.
2.) A mesothelioma lawyer knows the extensive damages involved:
To date, medical professionals have not discovered a cure for mesothelioma. That means it is fatal. However, the earlier any asbestos-related illness is diagnosed and treated, the better your prognosis. If you have been exposed, it is critical that you see your doctor as soon as possible.
When you are facing an illness from asbestos exposure, one certain result will be extensive medical bills. It may also mean lost wages from missed work. But these represent just the financial damages you may face if you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma or another asbestos-related illness.
Life-threatening illnesses cost you and your family more than just money. While reimbursement for medical bills and lost income is helpful, it hardly begins to make up for loss of a loved one. Unfortunately, our civil justice system has no other way to begin to help you recover for these extensive losses other than through financial means.
If you or your family member has been diagnosed with or died from mesothelioma or other asbestos-related illness, you could have a legal claim for not just your bills, but also:
- Pain and suffering – this is a legal term for the compensation you can seek for the physical pain of living with an illness such as mesothelioma
- Mental anguish – often, victims can recover for the emotional strain they feel and that is imposed on their family members due to prolonged illness and worry about the future
- Loss of consortium – this is a legal term for the loss of companionship and partnership that someone experiences when a spouse becomes gravely ill
- Wrongful death – this is the legal term for a claim by a person who has lost a family member from asbestos-related illnesses
- Punitive damages – if the company or employer responsible for the exposure did so recklessly or knowingly, punitive damages represent they might pay as punishment for such malicious disregard for your well-being and to deter other corporations from doing the same to someone like you.
3.) The mesothelioma lawyers at NB&W are experienced at handling claims like these:
Obviously, these harms affect not just you but also your family. If you have been exposed to asbestos for a prolonged period of time or you or a family member has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you need an attorney on your side who knows not just the extent of your damages but also how to build a case for you.
A successful mesothelioma claim requires complex and dedicated investigation to uncover the necessary facts for identifying fault and to prove the extent of your injuries. Often, this means not just asking the right questions, but also securing medical examinations, obtaining medical and employment records, and gathering witnesses. This type of investigative process can be time-consuming and costly.
At NB&W, we have experience conducting these types of investigations and the means and ability to take whatever measures are necessary. When we represent a client for asbestos exposure or any other personal injury claim, we charge the client nothing. We do all of the work and expend all of the costs ourselves, with zero cost to you – our payment for this work only comes out of your settlement or judgment – which means we only get paid if we successfully recover damages for you.
4.) The mesothelioma lawyers at NB&W know how to advocate for your rights:
We have over 100 years of experience representing clients like you. We understand the extent of your damages and losses and can advocate for your rights against these companies.
By helping you make a strong case, NB&W can start to recover for you and your family. Contact us today and tell us what happened – we are here to listen and answer your questions. There is no obligation or charge.
NB&W is committed to ensuring our families and yours are protected from negligent exposure to deadly substances. Help us help you; help us help our community.